In 2017 I joined the Merchant Navy. They have not succeeded in making a man out of me, although I can tie a bowline, climb a mast and decipher a radar picture.
This has left me with rather little time for writing. I hope to return in due course.
It turns out that the Ghost Stories Western Style II anthology fell through after Static Press had a lull in publishing that ended up outliving the contract for the stories in it. But hey ho, these things happen. Things have presumably been happening behind the scenes, because a few of the editors have now got together to form a new imprint, Thirteen Press.
The upshot is that ‘Revenge and the Railway Dead’ is now contracted to their anthology Western Ghost Stories, which has a tentative publication date of March. They also have several calls for submissions for other anthologies.
Currently working on:
Fairy tales seem to be de rigueur at the moment. Which suits me just fine.
Currently out in the wild:
- 1 story shortlisted for Specter Spectacular II: 13 Deathly Tales.
- 3 poems submitted for the Mslexia women’s poetry competition.
Now considering what to submit to:
- Mslexia’s Women’s Poetry Competition is open until 17th June. Ladies, do enter. It’s a great magazine.
- In the wake of Pill Hill Press’s demise, Miles Boothe has set up his own publishing company, Emby Press. He’s got a few calls for submissions up for those who are interested in monsters. And who isn’t?
- I’m doing a writing course at the Isle of Wight College. It’s certainly sparked some ideas, but I think novel writing was a bit of an ambitious aim. I have no idea at all how my novel is going to end 😉
Joining the information age, I guested on the Ferretbrain podcast on Coriolanus. Because apparently I like my Shakespearean leads to be utter bastards.